This course describes how to configure networking to include IPv4, IPv6, connect to wireless networks, and use the networking features included in Windows 8 to troubleshoot networking issues. Students will also learn preventive measures and tools that work together to protect their computers from security threats.
The course then covers the features related to file and folder management, which include setting permissions, file/folder compression, and configuring shared folders. Students will also learn about installing and managing printers. Additionally, the course provides an overview of the SkyDrive functionality, and describes the procedures to install and configure applications, including Windows Store apps.
The course also examines the fundamentals of working with virtual machines in the Client Hyper-V environment in Windows 8.
Students will learn about features such as Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) and DirectAccess, which provide mobile users access to internal resources when the users are out of the office.
Throughout the course, students will use Windows PowerShell 3.0, and its graphical user interface (GUI) to configure and manage the system. Students will also use the scripting editor to create and examine PowerShell scripts used to manage the system.
This course is intended for IT professionals who configure or support Windows 8 computers, devices, users and associated network and security resources. The networks with which these professionals typically work are configured as a single domain-based or peer-to-peer environment with access to the Internet and cloud services. The IT professional could be a consultant, full-time desktop support technician, or an IT generalist who administers Windows 8-based computers and devices as a portion of their broader technical responsibilities. The course is also intended for students who seek certification in the 70-687 Windows 8 Configuring exam.
После окончания курса Вы будете уметь:
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan and perform the installation of Windows 8.
- Install Windows 8 on computers that are running an existing operating system.
- Configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers in a Windows 8 system.
- Configure network connectivity.
- Install, configure, and maintain wireless network connections.
- Implement Windows 8 technologies to secure network connections.
- Share files and printers.
- Implement tools and technologies that can help secure Windows 8 desktops.
- Configure and control applications in Windows 8.
- Optimize and maintain Windows 8 based computers.
- Configure mobile computer settings and to enable remote access.
- Create and configure virtual machines in Hyper-V for Windows 8 and describe how to use it to support legacy applications.
- Determine how to recover Windows 8 from various failures.
- Describe how to use Windows PowerShell to manage Windows 8.
После посещения этого курса, Вы сможете успешно пройти:
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management
- Understanding of the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) components and working knowledge of the fundamentals of Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 fundamentals
- Microsoft Windows Client fundamentals; for example, working knowledge of Windows XP, Windows Vista, and/or Windows 7
- Fundamentals of management and experience using the Microsoft Office 2010 system or the Microsoft Office 2007 system
- Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) components including Windows PE, Windows SIM, VAMT, ImageX, USMT, and DISM concepts and fundamentals